Why We'll Never Understand Each Other by Wiley Miller download in pdf, ePub, iPad
The energy and imagination of my fourth grade teacher, Mr. Life at that age revolves far more around popularity than before or after. Then a few adults can watch all of them. The least popular group is quite small. If I had, I would have seen that being smart was more important.
And that, I think, is the root of the problem. But in fact I didn't, not enough. Nerds would find their unpopularity more bearable if it merely caused them to be ignored. They would be in the way in an office.
When we were given a test on the book, I noticed that the questions sounded odd. The other thing that's different about the real world is that it's much larger. The answer, I think, is that they don't really want to be popular.
There is nothing inevitable about the current system. It's all-encompassing, like life, but it isn't the real thing. Another problem, and possibly an even worse one, was that we never had anything real to work on. We graded them from A to E.
Perhaps a few will have the energy to try to change things. The world seemed cruel and boring, and I'm not sure which was worse. They don't consciously dress to be popular. They don't actually hate you. Mostly this was just a pose.
Like other teenagers, we loved the dramatic, and suicide seemed very dramatic. When the things you do have real effects, it's no longer enough just to be pleasing.
Bullying was only part of the problem. They want to be popular, certainly, but they want even more to be smart. The distribution of popularity is not a pyramid, but tapers at the bottom like a pear. They couldn't fix the system.
- Excel 2010 für Dummies
- Histories of Human Engineering
- Love and Other Wounds
- The Future of the Nineteenth-Century Dream-Child
- The Gate of Baghdad
- Health Promotion at the Community Level
- Historical Dictionary of Kenya
- Proclaim Liberty Throughout All the Land
- New Mexico
- Descubra sus dones y talentos
- The Essence of Japanese Cuisine
- Historical Dictionary of Morocco
- Dr Mahathir's Selected Letters to World Leaders-Volume 2
- From Recognition to Reconciliation
- Zirkuläre Positionen
- Convex Structures and Economic Theory
- Liberia, South Carolina
- Beyond Devolution and Decentralisation
- The Girl from Human Street